About the Murugappa Group
Founded in 1900, the INR 269 Billion Murugappa Group is one of India’s leading business conglomerates. The Group has 28 businesses including nine listed Companies traded in NSE & BSE. Headquartered in Chennai, the major Companies of the Group include Carborundum Universal Ltd., Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company Ltd., Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Ltd., Coromandel International Ltd., Coromandel Engineering Company Ltd., E.I.D. Parry (India) Ltd., Parry Agro Industries Ltd., Parry Sugar industries Ltd, Shanthi Gears Ltd., Tube Investments of India Ltd., and Wendt (India) Ltd.
Market leaders in served segments including Abrasives, Auto Components, Transmission systems, Cycles, Sugar, Farm Inputs, Fertilisers, Plantations, Bio-products and Nutraceuticals, the Group has forged strong alliances with leading international companies such as Groupe Chimique Tunisien, Foskor, Mitsui Sumitomo, Morgan Advanced Materials, Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile (SQM), Yanmar & Co. and Compagnie Des Phosphat De Gafsa (CPG). The Group has a wide geographical presence all over India and spanning 6 continents.
Renowned brands like BSA, Hercules, Ballmaster, Ajax, Parry’s, Chola, Gromor, Shanthi Gears and Paramfos are from the Murugappa stable. The Group fosters an environment of professionalism and has a workforce of over 32,000 employees. For more details, visit www.murugappa.com.
Procedural / QMS
QMS – Quality Policy
The efforts of all at Shanthi Gears are directed towards:
- Designing, Developing and Manufacturing Standard and Customized Products meeting safety, statutory and regulatory requirements akin to International Quality Levels at Competitive Prices with Timely Deliveries by increased Efficiency and Infusion of Quality Consciousness at all rank and file.
- Delighting the Customers and the Employees by Continuously meeting and Improving upon agreed Requirements.
- Acting upon Customer Problems with Speed, Courtesy and Competence.
- Ultimately ensuring total customer satisfaction
Vision, Mission, Ethos,
Vision – To be the No.1 company that manufacturers Gears, Gear Boxes, Geared Motors, Gear Assemblies both standard and custom-built to customers’ expectation.
Mission – By recognizing manpower as the prime mover to organizational goals, we duly motivate them to do their jobs “extra-ordinarily well” with “optimum creativity and productivity”.
Ethos – Shanthi Gears is firmly committed to achieve customer delight by:
- Deliver the best products at the most economic prices
- Ensure prompt delivery
- Follow fair minded business practices for the good of all stake holders